How often is that when you have to train yourself for a competitive match or maybe you want to go and play ice hockey with your friends but can’t play due to lack of motivation. That’s where the Inspirational hockey quotes come into play.
Don’t worry, it’s normal to lack motivation sometimes. So, to get motivated you need some hockey quotes that inspire you to again go to the field and give your best. Well, after a lot of research we have finally found some of the best quotes about hockey that legends himself use to get inspired. Not to forget Hockey is a sport that is not restricted to playing on the grass field but also on ice, rough roads, and all surfaces, for this you might need special shoes. In my sight, for ice skating, you will need inline or quad ice skating shoes.
So, what are we waiting for? Here are the best inspiration hockey quotes.
Inspirational Hockey Quotes about Team Work
We all play hockey with our team. Either you are playing hockey on a professional level or streets. Being a captain it’s your responsibility to make a bond between your team. These quotes will help you to alien our gems.
- “To succeed in hockey, you need teamwork.” – Henry Samueli
We all know that we cant play hockey alone. This sport requires a team. 1 best player cant lead a team towards wining. To win in hockey every player requires to give their best and proper team coordination.
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” -Michael Jordan
Although Micheal Jordan is not a hockey player but this quote as a hockey player inspires me a lot. He clearly says that if you are a talented player maybe your team wins 1 match but to win a championship you need teamwork
- Whether somebody is competent – whether he has a good hockey mind, whether he’s a good person to lead a hockey club – is something determined over a long period of difficulties did you ask, not one tournament — Steve Yzerman
We all love Steve, in ice hockey, he is the legend himself. In his 1 interview, he said that which clearly shows that you can judge a person or a team based on one game.
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.”- Ken Blanchard
Let’s talk in general every sports player has their key strength. In cricket some players are ballers and some players are a batsman. You cant compare both of them but when they come together they make a team.
- “Bad attitudes will ruin your team.”- Terry Bradshaw
Every person on a hockey team has a different nature. Sometimes you need to step back and adjust yourself for the sake of the team. Furthermore, if you are a captain it requires more mental strength to adjust with all players.
- “A leader must inspire or his team will expire”- Orrin Woodward
Just like Terry, Orrin Woodward also has the same point of view. He sees the captain as the engine of the team and if the engine does not move or inspire his team the team won’t perform.
- “Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results.”- Becka Schoettle
According to Becka, all of you have a key strength. If you work all together you have the strength to achieve anything in this world. In the WorldCup, it’s the team that wins not a player.
Inspirational Hockey Quotes that Inspires you to give your Best
Well, let’s talk about the quotes that inspire you to get up and motivates you to give your best on the hockey field.
- “Hockey, honestly, was my first love. The excitement, the fast pace, the intensity of the game… I still love it to this day.” – J. J. Watt
If you want to be the best at something just love it as J.J.Watt. You will never get bored or frustrated in hockey if you just love this sport.
- “We get nose jobs all the time in the NHL, and we don’t even have to go to the hospital.” – Brad Park
I’m sure if you are a true hockey fan you heard the name of Brad. On the hockey field sometimes you get injured but don’t worry it’s the part of the game.
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” — Mark Twain
There is a lot of time when we get discouraged not because we did not give our best but because someone has told us that we are not enough. If you ever found yourself in that situation again then just remember this quote.
- “When you change your thoughts, remember to also change your world.”—Norman Vincent Peale
Just remember one thing no one is perfect. Just remind yourself daily that you are best. Trust me this one line makes a difference.
- “One man with courage makes a majority.” – Andrew Jackson
If your team is losing the game and everyone is getting discouraged just tell this quote to your mates and you will see everyone in the team start giving their best.
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” —Amelia Earhart
You can read hundreds or thousands of quotes but that doesn’t make a difference if you won’t take any action. So just read and remind these quotes and start taking action.
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” —Bo Jackson
This quote is one of my personal favorites and in addition, I would love to tell you to set your goals high and take baby steps daily towards them.
Inspirational Hockey Quotes that boost Motivation
Well, your presence here clearly shows that you are looking for motivation. If you are going to play a match in few moments then your team needs to hear these quotes.
- “Yeah, I’m cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a nice person.” —Jeremy Roenick
Well, this inspirational hockey quote may sound rude to you but that is electrifying, and before-match your team needs to hear this.
- “I’m glad I won the [Norris Trophy] now because I expect it’s going to belong to Bobby Orr from now on.” —Harry Howell
Before going into the field just make your mind that the winning trophy belongs to you. This thinking will boost your confidence and you play with full energy.
- “You’ve always been ‘The Great One,’ but tonight you’ve become The Greatest.” – Garry Batman
Again this is an electrifying quote that boosts motivation and this motivation will help you to give your best in the field.
- “In this jersey, I promise to play for the logo in front, not the name in back.” – Sydney Crosby
Before a match, you have to clear your mind that you are playing for the team and not for your name. This thinking motivates you.
- “Hockey is the man’s game. The team with the most men wins.” – Brain Burk
Hockey is the game of spirit and being a man you have to show your spirit and sportsmen ship there.
Inspirational Hockey Quotes about dedication
Just like nothing legendary can be built overnight. The same goes for hockey. Being an international hockey player requires dedication. Sometimes you get demotivated and these quotes will help you to stay focus.
- “Overnight success is a scam.”
If you ask any professional hockey player about their success story they will tell you that they spend years to become an overnight success. So, you have to be dedicated.
- “I am addicted to hockey now. I’ve seen it on TV, but to be there? I had no idea that white people were having so much fun without me.” – J. B. Smoove
Just like J.B one day you can also be on TV as being a professional hockey player and I know this is a long journey but this quote will help you to keep maintain your dedication.
- “If you’re a sports fan, it is cool when you see the best-on-best for hockey at the Olympics.” – Gary Bettman
If just like Gary you want to reach a certain level then remember this quote. Only your dedication can keep you motivated and helps you to achieve your dream.
- “The price of success is hard work and dedication to the things you love.” – Vince Lombardi
Hockey is a beautiful game and people like us love it. Just like Vince if you want to be successful in a specific sport then you need to dedicate your time to it.
- “Dedicate your life to the purpose that gives you true meaning.” – ROY. T.
Dedication is the key to success. According to Roy if you want to be successful in hockey then you need to dedicate your life to it and make this sport your soul purpose.
Daily Hockey – Inspirational Hockey Quotes
As a sportsman, there is a lot of time when you feel demotivated and you need some external boost. Well, here are some quotes that will help you to boost yourself daily.
- “The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” ―Epicurus
If you have set a goal and want to achieve it then you need to work on it daily. In this daily work, you will face a lot of difficulties and at that time this quote will help you and boost you as well.
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” —Bo Jackson
This inspirational hockey quote will help you to make your goal and continuously work on it. Whenever did you asked someone how he achieved his goal? His answer will always be the same and that is he never stopped working on it.
- “Do not wait for the perfect time and place to enter, for you are already onstage.”
There is no perfect time for you to start and train yourself for hockey. Every day comes with a new opportunity and you don’t have to wait for the right time. You are on the stage just keep practicing.
How these quotes will help you?
Motivation plays an important role in our life. There is a lot of time when you want to play but you feel a lack of energy. This lack of energy vibes directly comes from a lack of motivation. So, these quotes will help you to get motivated at any time.
Some of them will help you to get motivated others may inspire you to make a goal. These quotes will help you to take one step forward towards your goal daily.