Are you looking for alternatives to the best tennis balls for dogs that are safe to use? Look no further, because this post has what you need.
In addition; balls are a favorite toy for dogs and some people believe dogs and tennis balls go hand in hand. When you throw the ball, they run after it immediately. However; perhaps you wouldn’t have expected that your dog’s favorite toy could be harmful to their health.
Is playing with tennis balls safe for dogs? No, it isn’t. The first reason is choking hazards because in certain cases you may find that tennis balls break in half and lodge in your pet’s throat. Secondly, the fuzz surface of the ball accumulates dust and debris and causes health hazards. These reasons should be enough for you to select an alternative to a tennis ball if you wonder why tennis balls are bad for dogs!
OK, I know what you’re thinking:
Where can I get these tennis balls alternatives? Well, it’s a delicate question.
So, do I’ve your attention? This post will deeply talk about tennis balls alternatives with some advantages and drawbacks. Also, we write the product features so you can easily find out the best alternative for your pet according to your pet’s breed, size, and nature.
So, spare some time for your pets and read this article because your pets also need some attention.
List of Safest Best Tennis Balls for Dogs
Some companies have manufactured tennis balls primarily for dogs. Dogs will be captivated by their shapes, patterns, and designs. Also, knowing more about the dog tennis balls alternatives will certainly be fun.
A pet ball of this type is safe, secure, and effective. Dogs are often aggressive when they chew the balls. But, if you use a high-quality ball that will offer you the best service and not harm them or their health.
Here are some alternatives to the best tennis balls for dogs you can find on the market.
- Pet toy type – Fetch Toy
- Theme – Birds and Animals
- Bite zone feature – Yes
- Float on the water – Yes
- Recommendation of breed – All breed sizes
- Sizes available in the market – Small and Large
- Available style – Giggle, Max Glow, Regular
- Variants – Orange/Blue/Glow Green/White
- Diameter of the balls – 6 x 6 inches (Small)/8 x 8 inches (Large)
- Weight of the ball – 0.01 Ounces (Small)/7.05 Ounces (Large)
- Dimension of the balls – 5.75 x 5.75 x 5.75 inches (Small)/7.75 x 7.75 x 7.75 inches (Large)
This Chuckit Fetch ball provides both pets and pet parents with a fun and interactive way to play together. Also, the ball features a deep bite zone that makes it easy to pick up by dogs. Fetch toy balls available in 2 sizes small and large, you can buy which size suits your pet. Moreover, with a rubber and foam construction and unique bite zones, the toys bounce randomly and encourage pets to leap and chase after them.
Additionally, Chuckit offers unique designs like bright orange and blue, and these colors gain attraction, easily seen in tall grass or water. Another design is Max Glow, which is beneficial for those pets that are active at night because the ball glows at night so, pets can easily see the ball under the dark light.
- Material type – Rubber
- Toy type – Fetch Toy
- Holes in the ball – No
- Float on the water – Yes
- Breed recommendation – All breed Sizes
- Squeaks – No
- Variants – Red/Blue
- Sizes – Small/Medium/Large/X-Large
- Diameter of the ball – 2” (Small)/2.5” (Medium)/3” (Large),/3.5” (X-Large)
- Recommended age by manufacturer – 12 months and up
Let’s; jump right into the best tennis balls for dogs alternatives. The Chuckit Ultra dog ball toy is made from extra-thick rubber instead of green fuzz, which helps to bounce high, last longer, and floats better.
Also, the ultra-high bounce feature encourages your pets to leap and jump for the more stimulating game of fetch. You can use it for playing with all breed types and bright colors to stay engaged with your pet (Dogs or cats). Moreover, this ball is suitable for aggressive chewers because of its highly durable rubber core.
According to the price, performance, and quality, the Chuckit ultra ball is a gold-standard alternative to a tennis ball. Besides, the Ultra ball is heavier than the standard tennis ball and hollow from the inside so it can float on water. Chuckit offers a wide range of sizes that allow you to choose sizes according to your pet’s age. So, if you are looking for the best tennis ball alternative and the most durable tennis ball for dogs, then this ball is just for you.
- Target species – Only dogs
- Outer Material – Rubber
- Bounce type – Soft bounce
- Chewer type – Light
- Float in water – No
- Variants in the package – Blue/Purple/Glow green
- Weight of the entire package – 2.56 Ounces
- Dimension of the package – 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches
- No. of balls in the package – 8 balls
- Diameter of the single ball – 2.5 inches
- Size of the ball – Medium (for average chewer)/Supreme (for extreme chewer)
Chew king balls featuring thick rubber and tough cotton rope and one of the best tennis balls for dogs. Plus, these balls are fun, durable, and tough enough to outlast your Chomped or fetch machine’s most vigorous games. When you use the chew king toy ball once you must say “Hail to the King”.
Additionally; the manufacturer offers different sizes like small, medium, and supreme. For instance; if your pet is an average chewer, then a medium ball is best. If your pet is an aggressive chewer, then consider the supreme size of the ball.
You should always supervise your dog while playing with this toy for safety reasons. Also; variants include blue, purple, and green, but the green variant is best for dogs that are active at night because it glows under the dark sky. Additionally, there is an air vent safety feature that prevents your pup’s tongue from getting stuck.
- Toy type – Chew Toy
- Floatable – Yes
- Sizes – X-Small/Small/Large
- Holes – No
- Recommendation of breeds – Small breeds
- Available Colors – Aqua Blue/Tangerine/Granny Smith
- The material used – Thick Rubber core
- Dishwasher safe dog toy – Yes
- Dimension of toy – 2.6 x 1 x 1 inch
- Weight of toy – 0.16 Ounces
Whether your dog is a power chewer or likes to tear up tennis balls, the Jive by West Paw will be durable enough to survive your game of fetch without being destroyed. Moreover, this chew toy is made from heavy-duty rubber that is free from spiteful materials like latex and BPA.
The West Paw dog toy is known for its durability and is famous among the alternatives to best tennis balls for dogs. Plus, balls come in the category of indestructible tennis balls for dogs because of their high-quality material.
Another dominant aspect of this ball is its unpredictable nature. Observe closely and you’ll notice that the Jive Ball isn’t perfectly round but small sections are visible on the ball. Also, the ball is pricey but the west paw granted that if you don’t like the ball, then you can exchange it or refund the money.
- Material – Food-grade heavy-duty rubber
- Non-toxic – Yes
- Water-resistant – Yes
- BPA free – Yes
- Style of the ball – Checker Squeak/Checker Crunch
- Available variants – Blue and Yellow
- Size – 4 inches in diameter
- Weight of ball – 9 ounces
- Dimension of the ball – 7 x 5 x 5 inches
- Country of origin – China
The ball is constructed from food-grade rubber and it is lightweight and durable for a long time. Plus; the ball resists water and floats on the water, and is made from100% non-toxic material. FDA approved and BPA-free ball shows granted safety.
We make our Checker Ball Toys with high-quality materials so your dog can play fetch and learn new tricks. Moreover; pets pick up and fetch this toy with ease due to the ridges on the outside, meanwhile, humans can grasp and toss it with ease because of its hexagonal texture.
The ball measures 4 inches in diameter, making it perfect for medium and large dogs. Also; each of our dog’s; toys are designed in such a way that ensures safety so your dog can enjoy hours of fun with you. Dogs love the interactive squeaking sound that comes from the rubber body as they chew it for a long time.
- Toy type – Treat Dispenser Toy
- Material – Heavy-duty rubber
- Styles – Roller, Extreme, Giggler
- Sizes – Mini, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Variants Red, blue, and marron
- Weight of ball – 5.5 ounces
- Dimension of ball – 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches
The Treat Dispensing Dog Ball by JW Hol-ee Rollers takes playtime with your dog to the next level. Also; it comes in a variety of designs and colors to suit any personality. It is one of the best tennis balls for dogs of different ages and breeds.
Hol-ee Roller’s patented open design allows dogs to safely breathe through the toy during hours of play. Moreover, made from durable, super-stretchy rubber makes stuffing treats into the toy easy. The JW Pet Dog Ball is a splendid choice for training, playing, and teething with your puppies.
This unique ball has a lattice design that can be filled with treats or chunks of food to keep your pet engaged and entertained for a long time with no effort. Additionally; the ball can also create tug-toys or chewable comforters by combining them with ropes or soft toys.
- Material – Rubber
- Manufacturer – Doskocil
- Toy type – Fetch toy
- Variants – Red
- Launcher compatible – Yes
- Float on the water – Yes
- Recommendation of breeds – Large breeds
- Country of Origin – Vietnam
- Product weight – 2.47 ounces
- Product dimension – 3 x 3 x 3 inches
When you are looking for alternatives to the best tennis balls for dogs, you always see this breath-right fetch ball in the list of these alternatives. The Chuckit breath right toy has a lattice hollowed structure that helps in breathing comfortably when the jaws of a dog are encased in a ball.
Further; the ball is lightweight as compared to other alternatives and it floats on the water. Compatible with all Chuckit ball launchers and you can fill the ball with food that engages your pet. Plus; the ball is made from high-quality natural rubber and is best for aggressive chewers because of its durability.
This is great for dogs who may get bored easily since it promotes exercise and activity while keeping your dog active. Breath right chew toy is available in various sizes small, large, and extra-large so it allows you to choose the size accordion to your pet size.
Benefits of Using Alternatives of Tennis Balls for dogs
Here we discuss some alternatives
- Your dog’s teeth won’t be dulled because it acts like sandpaper
- Made from high-quality materials that are non-toxic like other tennis balls and FDA-approved so it ensures safety
- Cost-effective because dogs can’t easily destroy them like standard tennis balls
- Best for aggressive chewers and is available in different sizes and colors so you can pick one that suits your pet
- Rubber balls don’t smell like slobbery tennis balls.
- In an evening game of fetch, a glow-in-the-dark tennis ball can provide a more comfortable experience for both the dog and the thrower.
- Your dog won’t ingest pieces of rubber and fuzz.
Dogs love to play with tennis balls but it can be harmful to dogs and also not cost-effective. So, we recommend you use alternatives to the best tennis balls for dogs and these are safe to use and FDA approved.
Plus; listed tennis balls alternatives with benefits and drawbacks.
- Chuckit! Fetch Toy – For Normal Chewers
- Chuckit! Ultra Ball – All-Rounder Champion
- Chew king Fetch Toy – For Dogs Active at Night
- West Paw Zogoflex Jive Chew Toy – For Aggressive Chewers
- NERF Dog Checker Ball – For Power Chewers
- JW Hol-ee Roller Fetch Ball – For Water-loving Dogs
- Chuckit! Breathe Right Ball – For Flat-Face Pets
Hope you read all the alternatives to the best tennis balls for dogs and comment to us on which you like most.
Frequently Asked Questions – Best Tennis Balls for Dogs
What is the best tennis ball for a dog?
- West Paw Zogoflex Jive Dog Chew Toy
- Chew King Fetch Toy
- Chuckit! Ultra ball
- Nerf Dog Checker Ball
- Chuckit! Ultra bounce
Are regular tennis balls OK for dogs?
One of the major concerns about dogs and tennis balls is this abrasive effect on the surface of your dog’s teeth known as enamel abrasion. Also, with excessive tennis ball chewing, the material can wear your dog’s teeth down in a way that will permanently affect her oral health.
What is the best color of tennis balls for dogs?
Dogs cannot see red items against green backgrounds, such as grass, so frisbees and balls should be blue.
Are pressureless tennis balls better for dogs?
A pressureless tennis ball won’t flatten out over time and will bounce consistently for the rest of its lifespan. A hard-wearing, extra-durable felt stays bouncy even when punctured by a tooth.